The Barcamp Open Science is a barcamp dedicated to the Open Science movement. It is open to everybody interested in discussing, learning more about, and sharing experiences on practices in Open Science. We would like to invite researchers and practitioners from various backgrounds to contribute their experience and ideas to the discussion. The barcamp will bring together both novices and experts and its open format supports lively discussions, interesting presentations, development of new ideas, and knowledge exchange. Though, previous knowledge on Open Science is not mandatory. The barcamp is open to all topics around Open Science that the participants like to discuss.
After registered you are able to submit and vote session proposals. We further use Zoom. The link will be sent to all registered contributors in advance.
The Barcamp Open Science is organised by the Leibniz Research Alliance Open Science and Wikimedia Deutschland.
- Konrad Förstner (ZB MED / Open Science Radio)
- Tamara Heck (DIPF)
- Lambert Heller (TIB)
- Guido Scherp (ZBW)
- Christopher Schwarzkopf (Wikimedia Deutschland)
Data protection: https://www.barcamp-open-science.eu/data-protection/
Friendly Space Policy
We are dedicated to providing a friendly, safe, and welcoming event experience for everyone, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, physical appearance, age, race, ethnicity, political affiliation, national origin, or religion — and not limited to these aspects. Please contribute to the friendliness of our virtual space.
How to contribute:
- Always be always respectful, honest, accommodating, and appreciative of others. Be open to learning from others.
- Respect the private sphere of other people. Never share others’ private information without their consent. Accept if other people don’t want to answer personal questions.
- Show appreciation for the ideas and standpoint of other people. Embrace the diversity of perspectives and people. Include as many people as possible in group interaction by being respectful and inviting.
- Participate authentically and actively: We trust in your openness and teamwork. We believe in the power of collaboration and co-creation.
- Be optimistic and active: We believe in your ability to transform things to the better. Believe in yourself and your ideas and build on the competencies of other participants. Be open to learn from your mistakes.
- Lead by example: Treat fellow participants in a way you want to be treated. Contribute to a positive group spirit.
We do not tolerate…
Any form of harassment of event participants. This includes abusive, discriminatory, derogatory, or demeaning language and behaviour. Sexual language and imagery is not appropriate for any event venue or talks. Any participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the event at the discretion of the event organisers. Please do not encourage other participants to violate our shared values.