As NLP PhD students, we work a lot with various tools and software. This includes general-purpose applications such as text processors, but also more specific utilities such as NLP libraries.
This session is for everyone who wants to discuss, suggest, or ask about these tools and to talk about their workflow with others. There is a very wide range of potential topics, including:
- Text processors and presentation software (Office, LaTeX);
- Note-taking and organization apps (e.g. OneNote);
- Operating systems (Windows vs. Linux vs. MacOS);
- Development environments (e.g. PyCharm);
- Programming languages and frameworks (R, Python, Pytorch, ...);
- Scientific and NLP libraries (Matplotlib, Huggingface, NLTK, ...).